Based on the REF 2014 GPA Scores, Times Higher Education ranked Strathclyde as number one in the UK for physics research.The research in the Physics programme of the University of Strathclyde ranges from looking at the fundamental properties of the universe to developing technologies that have the potential to improve health care in the future.
You can undertake your degree in any of our research groups:
- Applied Photonics
- Optics & Photonics Technologies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences Molecular Sciences View 18 other PhDs in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United Kingdom
You'll need one of the following:
- Masters or an Integrated Masters Degree in physics
- first-class or upper second-class UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, from a recognised educational establishment in physics
- IELTS score of 6.5 as proof of English proficiency, if English isn't your first language
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4,500
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.