As part of your MPhil or PhD, you'll be enrolled on a Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PgCert RDP) course for which you'll have to complete a range of personal, professional and career development activities.
These activities aim to develop the transferrable skills you'll use throughout your career and also within a particular researcher development framework.
Our DEdPsy degree is specific to Educational Psychology.
Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of the Psychology programme at the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge & intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research & chosen career
- the standards, requirements & conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others & communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study either an MPhil or a PhD within any of our three research areas:
- Health Psychology & Behavioural Medicine
- Development & Educational Psychology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Educational Psychology View 17 other PhDs in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
MPhil & PhD
- We look for a first or 2:1 UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in Psychology or a similar discipline.
- However, the majority of our MPhil and PhD students will usually have completed a Master's degree in Psychology after their Honours degree.
- Also, if English isn't your first language, you'll also need to have a recent UKVI recognised Secture English Language Test (SELT) qualification.
- You'll need to be a practising educational psychologist when you're planning to join this programme.
- Your application must be supported by the Principal Educational Psychologist of the service you're working in.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4,407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.