Laser Micromachining and Laboratory-on-a-Chip with research interests in:
- Electronic and dielectric properties of biological materials
- Electrokinetic manipulation of bioparticles
- Biological polymers, enzymes and cells
- Microfabrication of biofactory and laboratory-on-a-chip
- Medical therapeutics and diagnostics.
Research project opportunities
- Laser Micromachining and Bragg based sensors
- Medical Microwave Engineering
- Optical Nanoscopy and Imaging.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesPhysics View 64 other PhDs in Physics in United Kingdom
A good honours degree or equivalent is required.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.