- For a PhD degree, you are expected to present the results of your research in a thesis which represents a significant original contribution to knowledge in the subject area studied, and to undergo a viva voce examination. For an MPhil (Master of Philosophy) degree, you are expected to successfully complete an approved programme of supervised research, and to present your results in a thesis.
- All research students are allocated to a supervisor with a research interest in your chosen topic of study. Your supervisor will provide advice and guidance on your choice of topic; advice on the literature in your field and how to access it; advice on your choice of research methods; advice on thesis structure, content and presentation; critical appraisal of drafts of your thesis; and, in the case of PhD students, advice on preparation for your viva voce examination.
Law with specialisations in:
- European Law
- European Internal Market
- Public Procurement
- Competition Law
Global Economic Law:
- Intellectual Property Law
- WTO Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- International Insurance Law
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 30 other PhDs in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International applicants are normally required to provide evidence of English language proficiency. The minimum English language requirements will normally be:
- IELTS: 7.0 (with no individual score lower than 6.5)
- Pearson PTE: 67 (with no individual score lower than 62)
- Cambridge English Test – Advanced/Proficiency: 185 (with no individual score lower than 176)
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.