You will receive research and transferable skills training from the University’s Graduate Training Programme. You may also attend modules on Linguistics and Bilingualism on offer. You will receive guidance from two supervisors. The Bilingualism programme is offered at Bangor University.
This is a research degree, preparing you for an academic career in Bilingualism or for other work requiring highly qualified individuals in related areas. The high level analytical and research skills acquired during this degree will increase your employability in areas such as communications, teaching, publishing, research etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year Two (Years Three and Four for part-time students)
During this year the student should aim to complete a first draft of their dissertation. An Annual review will take place in June to review progress.
- Year Three (Years Five and Six for part-time students)
The completed thesis should be submitted and examined during this year.
- Length of thesis: There is no prescribed length, but the norm is between 80,000 and 100,000 words (350-400 pages).
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 98 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- It is possible to join the PhD programme after successfully completing a Masters in Linguistics or related subject at Bangor or elsewhere.
- Applicants who do not speak English as their native language must pass the IELTS English test with a score of 6.0 in all four components. Students who have an overall score of 5.5 on the IELTS can take a summer pre-sessional course in the University’s English Language Centre for Overseas Students (ELCOS).
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.