- This programme Translation Studies requires completion of an extended translation from or into one of the language specialisms of SML, accompanied by a critical/theoretical commentary. The School has a long tradition of excellent postgraduate student support.
- Depending on the chosen research area, students will be assigned one or two supervisors and are guaranteed full access to computing facilities (including translation memory software), library provision and all School resources including the film library. There is a dedicated postgraduate study area within the School which students are encouraged to use as often as they can.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Welsh Translation Studies
- Translation and Chinese Studies
- Translation and ideology
- Translation pedagogy
- Corpus-aided discourse analysis
- Critical theory in translation
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 58 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally have a first or upper second class honours undergraduate degree and a Masters degree in a relevant subject.
- Non-native speakers of English will normally be required to have IELTS 6.5 or above (no element below 6.0). Applications are always considered individually, and applicants are also judged on their individual merits, work experience and other relevant qualifications.
- Students with an overall score of 5.5 on the IELTS can take a summer pre-sessional course in the University’s English Language Centre for Overseas Students (ELCOS).
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.