Research in Criminology and Criminal Justice at Bangor is focussed on comparative study at a number of cross-cultural levels: national, international and rural-urban comparisons are three of the most important ways in which comparative criminological work is undertaken. For research students we are able to provide both a full research training programme and high quality expert supervision across a broad spectrum of subjects.
Current graduate students are conducting research on:
- Women’s accounts of their violent behaviour
- An ethnographic study of cannabis use in a North Wales community
- Identity fraud
- Social problems and juvenile delinquency in Malawi
- Restorative justice and rehabilitation
- Accommodating sex offenders after prison
The Criminology and Criminal Justice programme is offered at Bangor University.
Criminology and Criminal Justice with specialisations in:
- Youth homelessness and crime
- Institutional child abuse
- Critical approaches to law, crime and criminology
- Sociology of Law
- Public opinion on crime and criminal justice
- Penal policy
- Rural criminology
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 13 other PhDs in Criminal Law in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in a related discipline is required. Students without a Masters degree in a relevant discipline will be required to undertake a taught research training programme in their first year. Students should submit a research outline which must be approved by the Course Director.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.