Physics from University of Nova Gorica is suited for students who wish to deepen their knowledge in the fields of properties of modern materials, material characterisation methods, which facilitate information on electronic, structural and chemical properties of those materials at atomic and molecular levels, numerical methods for modelling of processes which govern phase transitions in materials, high energy physics and elementary particle astrophysics.
The main goal of the programme is to educate top scientists that are capable of independent research in various fields of physics. Their careers will be aimed at performing the most difficult tasks at research institutes and universities.
Graduates of the doctoral study programme Physics can aspire to find employment in research institutes and universities worldwide, pursuing their scientific career in physics. They will be the candidates for taking leading jobs in industrial research departments and will be trained to deal with questions such as development of new technologies and products, and strategic company decisions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Astroparticle physics
- Communication in science
- Contemporary particle physics
- High-Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Discretisation methods
- Free-electron lasers
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st is from Febr 16 – Mar 30
- 2nd is from Apr 1 – Jul 1
- 3rd is from Aug 1 – Sept 1
- 4th is presented above
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 3 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Slovenia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a 2nd cycle master’s study preogramme;
- Have completed at least a four-year academic undergraduate programme accredited with 240 ECTS credits;
- Have completed a uniform five year master’s study programme accredited with 300 ECTS credits;
- Have completed a specialization after previously finished professional study programme, and had passed additional study obligations within 30 to 60 ECTS credit points;
- Have completed an equivalent program abroad;
- The certificate of education
- A court-certified translation of the education certificate from the previous indent into the Slovenian or English language.
- Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education;
- A short chronological description of the entire education, prepared and signed by the holder of the education certificate or his / her legal representative;
- Motivattion letter and CV.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nova Gorica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.