Cognitive Science of Language from University of Nova Gorica curriculum is based on the scientific thesis that the endowment for language is encoded in the human biological make-up as a system with computational properties. As such, the program emphasizes integration of analytical tools of modern formal theoretical linguistics and methods of experimental sciences such as psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics which concern themselves with studying the psychological and neurological reality of language.
Students at Cognitive Science of Language from University of Nova Gorica will be able to perform the following kinds of activities:
- academic and research work in the area of formal linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics
- work in applied linguistics that can be used in high-tech and IT companies, including language technologies, language engineering etc.
- professional work in media, editorial houses and governmental offices.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methods in linguistic theory
- Noun phrase syntax
- Current trends in semantics and pragmatics
- Current trends in syntax
- Signal analysis for linguists
- Formal analysis of a selected language family
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st is from Febr 16 – Mar 30
- 2nd is from Apr 1 – Jul 1
- 3rd is from Aug 1 – Sept 1
- 4th is presented above
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Cognitive Sciences Linguistics View 3 other PhDs in Linguistics in Slovenia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a 2nd cycle master’s study preogramme;
- Have completed at least a four-year academic undergraduate programme accredited with 240 ECTS credits;
- Have completed a uniform five year master’s study programme accredited with 300 ECTS credits;
- Have completed a specialization after previously finished professional study programme, and had passed additional study obligations within 30 to 60 ECTS credit points;
- Have completed an equivalent program abroad;
- The certificate of education
- A court-certified translation of the education certificate from the previous indent into the Slovenian or English language.
- Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education;
- A short chronological description of the entire education, prepared and signed by the holder of the education certificate or his / her legal representative;
- Motivattion letter and CV.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nova Gorica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.