About the Program
The predictable requirement based on the developing tendency of the technical background in agriculture and food industry is that the production and application of the machines and tools should be environmental friendly, material and energy economical. On the other hand, it is important to organize the existing equipment to a logistical system and include ecological operation and recycling in the strategy of the research. In the strategy of the research some promoted new topics should be emphasized which serve the same up to-date production technologies while having less contact with the living world.
The global increase of agricultural production has to be realized in an ecological balance with a decreased volume of applied chemicals and energies. For sustainable development, it has a basic interest to decrease the polluting materials that are loaded in the environment and economize with resources.
The Mechanical Engineering program of the Szent István University is divided into two main orientations: Basics of Agricultural Machine Engineering orientation and Energetics of Agriculture and Environmental Technology orientation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Some typical research topics of these orientations are given below:
- Mechanizations of animal husbandry and plant growing
- Vehicle and tractor techniques, the off road running theory
- Mechanics of structural and agricultural materials
- Energetic and physics of buildings
- Energy and mass transport processes
- Research of the energy sources in agriculture and in forestry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research program: it is a specimen sheet which you have to fill out and your research program must be carried out accordingly (max. 4-5 pages)
- All candidates must provide two letters of academic references
- An official copy of the transcripts from all higher-education institutions previously attended by the candidate must be submitted, either attached to the application or by mail directly from the originating institution
- Any foreign or Hungarian PhD student is expected to have proficient written and spoken language skills, preferably in English (B2 level of English is required)
- International candidates may be requested a formal interview
- Attach a brief Curriculum Vitae
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Tuition fee: between 4,000 and 6,000 EUR/semester
Living costs for Gödöllő
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.