The programme also enjoys an excellent relationship with the School of Psychology at Cardiff University where it is based, and receives valued support from its commissioners, the Welsh Government.The Clinical Psychology programme is three years full-time and leads to the award of Doctor of Clinical Psychology validated by Cardiff University. Trainees are full-time employees of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (UHB) and registered postgraduate students of Cardiff University.
The programme is intended for graduates with a degree in Psychology (or equivalent) and who are eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society.
Successful completion of the programme at Cardiff University, confers eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and Chartered Clinical Psychologist status with the British Psychological Society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Older Adult / Adult Mental Health
- Children & Young People / Learning Disabilities
- Elective (e.g. Forensic / Health)
- A research module runs across the three years
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 190 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Exam results (copies of original certificates or transcripts and English translations, if necessary, to prove you have the qualifications listed on your application form)
- References: some programmes require one or two references (usually at least one from a recent lecturer or professor) – you can ask your referee to download and fill out our Referee report form or obtain a signed and dated reference on headed paper
- Personal statement (some programmes require a specific personal statement, so check the entry requirements for your programme)
- Research proposal (for research students who are not applying for listed projects)
- English Language certificates (for applicants whose first language is not English)
Tuition fees status is determined during the processing of applications, so we are unable to confirm this in advance or advise on fees status decisions.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.