- Graduates of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (Online) program at the The University of Alabama focus on providing care to populations and communities with an emphasis on improving quality and access to underserved and diverse populations. Graduates employ abilities and skills in these areas to advocate for reasonable, rational and data driven health regulations, standards, and practices; sustain collaborative and strategic relationships, promote innovative, effective health care programs; and form partnerships with diverse groups to address health disparities.
- Entry into the program is available every fall. The DNP curriculum includes the development of a practice or leadership focused project. All courses are offered in a distance accessible format and students develop the scholarly project under the direction of a team, including program faculty, the student, the clinical advisor, the faculty advisor and alumni mentors.
- Clinical Data Management and Analysis
- Interdisciplinary Leadership and Role Development for Practice Excellence
- Philosophical, Theoretical, and Conceptual Foundations for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Evidence Based Practice Design and Translation
- Health Policy and Politics: Implications in Health Care
- Population Health in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Evidence Based Practice Strategies
- Informatics for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Program Evaluation Methods
- A 3.0 grade point average, based on a 4.0 system in a completed graduate degree.
- Master's degree in nursing in an advanced nursing practice area (nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, nurse midwife, or nurse anesthetist) from a regionally and CCNE or NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Current unencumbered RN licensure in a state approved for admission.
- Advanced practice national certification or eligibility to sit for advanced practice national certification, and must pass certification exam prior to completing 12 credit hours of DNP coursework.
International16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 420 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 420 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.