The aim of the doctoral programme is to train future researchers in the field of technologies used in the realization of architecture, building construction and urban planning. In the latter case, we refer to the subfield of activities involved in the realization of urban planning.
The doctoral training of these professionals has three general objectives:
- Provide public and private entities that are active in research, development and innovation with professionals trained to the highest level who can work in these areas.
- Diversify and specialize the professional profile of architects, quantity surveyors and engineers. Promote their recognized qualities of analysis and synthesis, and direct them at the production of new knowledge that can generate a better quality of life in the built environment of their fellow citizens.
- Increase the qualitative level of the built environment in Spain, in which there are still evident shortcomings, and that is still prone to a predominantly quantitative approach.
- The group comprised of all the UPC Schools that are dedicated to the sectors of architecture, building construction and urban planning is highly regarded in Spain and internationally, as shown by the prestige of its graduates and their professional work, which is evident in the city of Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain.
- Particularly notable among this group are technical disciplines that support the technical realization of architecture, building construction and urban planning (including construction, conditioning and services, structures, the environment, management, safety, etc.), both in new construction activities and in rehabilitation, restoration and reconversion in the design, construction, use of replacement stages.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 4 other PhDs in Landscape Architecture in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CV of academic, professional and research activities, and portfolio designs.
- References to research projects completed and publications.
- Pre-proposal of the subject of the thesis (description, aims, methodology, point of view and bibliography). Maximum of five pages.
- Report by a lecturer backing the applicant.
International694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Research employment advice and support unit
To meet the growing demand for funding support, the RESEARCH EMPLOYMENT ADVICE AND SUPPORT UNIT assists in the management of predoctoral and postdoctoral grants and scholarships (official UPC grants, FPI grants from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, FPU grants from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and FI grants from the AGAUR).
Large families with concession card
- General category (3 or 4 children): a 50% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
- Special category (5 or more children): a 100% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.