Urbanism from Polytechnic University of Catalonia aims to produce highly qualified researchers in the field of urban planning. The programme revolves around study and academic reflection on key topics and issues in the history of urbanism and in contemporary urban planning, as well as forms of analysis and intervention at both the regional and urban scale.
Students at Urbanism from Polytechnic University of Catalonia will:
- Develop intervention methods and instruments suited to this context.
- Develop in contexts in which there is little specific information.
- Find the key questions that must be answered to solve a complex problem.
- Design, create, develop and undertake original, innovative projects in their field.
- Work as part of a team and independently in an international or multidisciplinary context.
- Integrate knowledge, deal with complexity and make judgements with limited information.
- Offer criticism on and intellectually defend solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis and Urban Planning
- Analysis and Regional Planning
- Urban History
- Landscape architecture and environmental impact
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 3 other Masters in Urban Planning in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a Spanish bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a Spanish master’s degree or equivalent, provided they have completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits on the two degrees
- CV (with particular emphasis on academic grades and research experience);
- a 500-word covering letter;
- up to two letters of recommendation;
- an explanation of the field of research the applicant plans to focus on in their doctoral thesis work (or a more defined proposal).
- Entrance qualification.
- Academic transcript of your previous studies.
- If your entrance qualification was issued by a foreign institution, a letter from your home university stating that your qualification qualifies you for admission to doctoral studies in that country.
- Proof of any grants or financial aid obtained.
International667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.