Students of the Engineering Mechanics program at Peking University are required to complete the curriculum within 4-6 years (under normal circumstances), fulfill the designated number of credits, conduct research, complete the doctoral thesis and defend it in front of a panel of experts.
Successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate with the doctoral degree, according to the regulation of the Degree Committee.
Research areas include:
- Large-scale engineering and scientific computing
- Computational structural mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 10 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Peking University Application Form for International Students
- Graduation certificate and degree diploma
- Official transcripts
- A personal statement (3000 words for doctorate program in English).
- Two recommendation letters from your referees
- A copy of your TOEFL results
- One photocopy of your valid passport
- Table of contents and abstracts of your academic publications
- Application Fee: 800 RMB
International6251 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6251 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.