The field values democratic community building and an ethic of social action that honors diversity. Students come to curriculum studies from formal and informal learning contexts as well as various disciplines.
Graduates of the Curriculum Studies program at Texas Christian University pursue varied professional positions in schools, non-profit agencies, and other community organizations.
Concerned with understanding curriculum more so than developing and evaluating curricula, Curriculum Studies addresses questions such as:
- What is knowledge and who decides? How does knowledge affect lives?
- What does it mean to educate and to be/come educated?
- What are the relationships between learning and teaching, curriculum theory and practice?
- How is curriculum culturally, politically, and economically situated?
- What are the roles of power and vulnerability in curriculum studies?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- While curriculum studies students’ backgrounds and goals are diverse, they share an interest in understanding the intersections of individuals and sociopolitical contexts.
- Curriculum studies arises from a 1970s reconceptualization of curriculum.
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation View 171 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- For admission into the program, an applicant must have a master’s degree in an education-related field.
- Applicants must present a strong academic record, acceptable GRE scores within the past five years, a writing sample (15-20 pages, exclusive of notes and works cited) that demonstrates appropriate academic writing skills needed for success in a graduate program and three letters of recommendation.
- GRE scores will be OPTIONAL for 2020-2021 admissions. Applicants will be interviewed as part of the selection process.
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.