The Graduate Program in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology (MCDB) prepares students for careers as research scientists and educators in an academic or industrial environment. The Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
MCDB is interdisciplinary in nature and includes the combined talents of more than 100 PhD students and 180 faculty from multiple departments in eight colleges:
- Arts and Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences
- Public Health
MCDB offers a course of study leading to the doctoral degree. Research training is very diverse and major areas of inquiry include: Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, DNA Replication and Repair, Gene Expression, Molecular Medicine, Molecular Neurobiology, Plant Molecular Biology, RNA Biology, and Virology.
Research training is very diverse and major areas of inquiry include:
- Cancer biology
- Cell biology
- Developmental biology
- DNA replication and repair
- Gene expression
- Molecular medicine
- Molecular neurobiology
- Plant molecular biology
- RNA biology
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 36 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.