This contrasts with the aim of PhD education for nurses, the goal of which is to prepare nurses for scientific investigation and a career in nursing scholarship. The Nursing Practice, Doctor of Nursing Practice programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
The DNP program pursues a holistic approach to personalized healthcare for those impacted by disparities in health and healthcare access. The goal of scholarly productivity in the program is the application of translational science to practice-focused scholarship. Both post-master's and post-baccalaureate study options are available.
The Ohio State University College of Nursing was founded in 1914, and thus has undergone many changes throughout the past 104 years. The college began as the three-year Homeopathic Hospital Training Program for Nursing. In 1922, the hospital was transferred to The Ohio State University College of Medicine and the name was changed to Starling-Loving Hospital. By 1933, the university was offering either a three-year nursing diploma program or a five-year Bachelor of Science in Education with a diploma in nursing program.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Midwifery
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International12138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12138 USD per year
National12138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12138 USD per year
In-State12128 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12128 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.