Applications are invited from those interested in undertaking research that fits with the School’s available research themes.
Each of the three themes has a range of research areas and you should aim to tailor your research proposal to one of these areas:
- Optimising Well-being and the Management of Long-term Conditions
- Optimising Service Delivery and Organisation
- Optimising Health through Activity, lifestyles and Technology
Healthcare Sciences from Cardiff University programme's aim is to undertake independent and original research in the healthcare sciences that will help inform, improve and influence healthcare across the globe.
- Dedicated office space provided for postgraduate research students.
- Each doctoral student is encouraged to pursue a programme of courses, workshops and conferences. The School itself provides a programme of monthly research methods master classes, an annual postgraduate research symposium and two sessions per year to update students on ethics review procedures.
- Students are also encouraged to take an active role in our themes to include delivering presentations on behalf of the theme at the school seminar series and contributing to individual theme meetings.
- Research training is also provided by the ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership.
- Adult Nursing
- Child Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Operating Department Practice
- Occupational Therapy
- Health Psychology
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 85 other PhDs in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Exam results (copies of original certificates or transcripts and English translations, if necessary, to prove you have the qualifications listed on your application form)
- References: some programmes require one or two references (usually at least one from a recent lecturer or professor) – you can ask your referee to download and fill out our Referee report form or obtain a signed and dated reference on headed paper
- Personal statement (some programmes require a specific personal statement, so check the entry requirements for your programme)
- Research proposal (for research students who are not applying for listed projects)
- English Language certificates (for applicants whose first language is not English)
Tuition fees status is determined during the processing of applications, so we are unable to confirm this in advance or advise on fees status decisions.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.