The Professional Doctorate Clinical Psychology programme from University of Essex is housed in the vibrant academic and research community of the School of Health and Social Care, which has an excellent reputation for research and teaching in health and social care, and it is committed to inter-professional learning.
Some of the benefits of studying on our programme at Essex, University of, include:
- Our relatively small trainee cohorts offer trainees the opportunity to work closely with the programme team and with one another. Such close working relationships, combined with robust and holistic support systems for trainees' personal and professional development, provide an optimal training experience and foundation for trainees' career-long personal and professional development.
- The programme is particularly well integrated with local research and clinical networks. Clinicians working in the region contribute directly to the course through teaching, supervision (on placements and as field research supervisors) and other aspects of the programme. This close collaboration provides many opportunities for ensuring strong theory-practice integration.
- Trainees on this programme benefit from teaching input from the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust and the possibility for some trainees to have a 3rd year placement there.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Supervised Clinical Practice - Year
- Clinical Applications
- Clinical Research
- Personal and Professional Development
- Clinical Interventions and Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 84 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Before making your application please read Clinical Psychology page which includes FAQs and guidance for all applicants, and the pro-formas required for a self-funded application (Links to the pro-formas are also provided below).
- Whether you are a Home/EU or overseas applicant, the entry requirements are the same.
- Applicants taking up a self-funded place will not be employed as a salaried NHS employee but the department would help to arrange an unsalaried contract with the host NHS Trust for the duration of training.
- Applicants taking up an NHS funded place will be employed as a salaried trainee clinical psychologist by the host NHS Trust for the duration of the training.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Home/UK fee
- International fee
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.