A Professional Doctorate is a specialist qualification that is appropriate if you are in, or are aspiring to, a senior professional appointment in practice, education or management in health or social care. It demonstrates your ability to perform at the level of 'expert' within your area of specialisation.
We offer doctoral preparation that integrates professional expertise and academic rigor. During your time on the Social Services Management programme from Essex, University of, you will gain the skills necessary to make significant contribution to local and national health and social care provision through critical appraisal of current practice.
The networks you develop while with us facilitate self-development. You will engage in critical reflection upon practice; work and lead within complex, multi-professional environments where you can demonstrate expert decision-making.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Postgraduate Research Methods
- Professional Portfolio
- Theory and Method in Health Research
- Health and Social Care - Research
- Health and Social Care - Completion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline and we aim to respond to applications within four weeks.
DisciplinesSociology Management, Organisation & Leadership Human Medicine View 62 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You need to be registered with a UK regulatory body (where appropriate)
- You should also be currently employed in management, practice or education, or in a senior position in a health or social care organisation, and possess a Masters qualification (or equivalent)
- A Masters qualification (or equivalent)
- Employment in a senior position within a health or social care organisation
- complete the University's online application form
- provide two academic references
- provide academic transcripts/certificates
- provide a language certificate (if relevant)
- provide a 500 word personal statement
- attach a 300-word description of:
- your clinical practice (for clinical programmes)
- Your managerial responsibilities (for management programmes)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16230 GBP per year during 84 months.
- Home/UK fee
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.