It allows you to produce intensive, rigorous, and scholarly research as well as further elaborate your own practice. The Research Architecture programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
The programme is structured around an annual series of two-day long seminars, which take place each month during the Autumn, Winter, and Spring terms. In addition the programme also includes a series of longer meetings and trips abroad.
Visual Cultures assessment are 100% coursework. Normally this consists of essays, sometimes accompanied by creative projects, group projects, multi-media projects, presentations, symposia, reviews, and studio work.
- The seminars are organised as a Roundtable discussion of student research projects as they progress each year. Each of the Roundtable seminars is supplemented by invited guests who bring relevant scholarly knowledge or practices into the Centre. Student and guest presentations, along with assigned readings, provide the common conceptual ground for discussion of work and ideas.
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Visual Arts View 25 other PhDs in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.