Biochemistry from Louisiana State University requires formulation and execution of original research, as demonstrated by production of research publications and a dissertation.
CareersOur program prepares students for professional careers in biochemical research and teaching. Research interests within the department encompass a broad range, including cell and molecular biology, virology, plant biochemistry, enzymology, and protein, DNA, and carbohydrate molecular biophysics.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Plant Molecular Biology
- Plant Growth and Development
- Plant Metabolism
- Selected Topics in Plant Physiology
- Population Ecology
- Community Ecology
- Molecular Evolution
- Systematic Biology
- Marine Ecology
- Mechanisms of Eukaryotic Gene Regulation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 160 other PhDs in Biology in United States
- Applicants must score at least 305 on the GRE (verbal plus quantitative scores) and 100 (iBT) or equivalent on the TOEFL (for international students who have not received a degree from an English-based institution) to be considered for admission.
- Official transcripts from the registrar of each college or university you previously or currently attend.
- An overall GPA of at least 3.00 ("A" = 4.0) is required.
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Experiences
- A non-refundable fee of $50.00 (U.S.) and $70.00 (nonimmigrant) and can be paid in the form of a check, money order or credit card payable to Louisiana State University.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.