Students in the Chemical Engineering from Louisiana State University must pass a written qualifying examination within one year of their enrollment. Within one year of successfully passing the qualifying examination, the student forms an examining committee and takes the general examination, which is an oral defense of a written plan for doctoral research. A final examination must also be passed. The final examination is an oral defense of the doctoral dissertation.
Students at Chemical Engineering from Louisiana State University will:
- gain high quality chemical engineering education
- advance science and engineering through cutting-edge research
- Mathematical Methods in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transport
- Chemical Reactor Design Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 148 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- preferred GRE score of 300 or higher (verbal + quantitative)
- minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based exam), 213 (computer based exam), or 79 (internet based exam); IELTS score of 6.5; or PTE score of 59 (for international students whose native language is not English)
- supply three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.