Comparative Literature from Louisiana State University is built around a core curriculum grounded in the history of literary criticism and theory.
Students at Comparative Literature from Louisiana State University will:
- develop their own degree plans and research agendas,
- combine the study of literature, literary theory, language, philosophy, art, history, and other cultural phenomena in exciting, fruitful, and innovative ways.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods and Bibliography
- Topics in Theory of Criticism
- Topics in Comparative Literature
- Topics in the Interdisciplinary Study of Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 47 other PhDs in Linguistics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution.
- A 3.00 GPA, or equivalent, on all college-level work attempted.
- authorized school or university records—transcripts, mark sheets, certificates of degrees—showing all courses taken and all grades received
- a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, with a grade point average equivalent to a “B” or better on all previous undergraduate work (or last half-degree requirement) from an accredited college or university
- certification of the availability of sufficient funds to meet all costs while studying at LSU
- English language test scores
- The application fee is $50US for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $70US for all other applications. Do not send cash through the mail.
- Financial statement
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 48 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.