Petroleum Engineering from Louisiana State University is designed to provide education of high quality to meet the current and future needs for engineers, managers and researchers associated with the petroleum producing industry.
Students at Petroleum Engineering from Louisiana State University will:
- focus on the safe and efficient utilization of subsurface natural resources by processes involving well systems
- meet the training needs of professional engineers currently associated with the petroleum producing industry.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nonthermal Methods of Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Thermal Methods of Oil Recovery
- Selected Topics in Advanced Petroleum Engineering
- Special Problems in Petroleum Engineering
- Mathematical Simulation of Petroleum Reservoir Performance
- Statistical Reservoir Modeling
- Thesis Research
- Dissertation Research
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 19 other PhDs in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (A = 4.0) on all undergraduate work (or in the final 64 credit hours) and any graduate work already completed.
- Official GRE - minimum score of 300
- Official TOEFL - a TOEFL score of at least 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the Internet-based test, an IELTS score of at least 6.5, or a PTE score of at least 59 must be received before an international student’s application is evaluated for admission. You may be exempt from this requirement if you have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
- Three (3) recommendation letters
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample is not required but may be submitted with your application.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.