The full-time day Juris Doctor program at the Loyola University New Orleans has two curricular tracks:
- Civil law, geared for students who will practice in Louisiana or other civil law or mixed tradition jurisdictions.
- Common law, geared for students who are likely to practice in other states or other common law jurisdictions.
Full-time first-year students will be scheduled by the administration in required foundational courses totaling 15 hours in the first semester and 14 hours in the second semester. The Juris Doctor program is offered by Loyola University New Orleans.
- The part-time evening program offers one curricular track: civil law.
- The part-time day program offers a common law or civil law track.
The part-time curriculum is sequenced over a period of eight semesters of resident study.
Part-time first-year students will be scheduled by the administration in required foundational courses totaling 12 hours in the first semester and 11 hours in the second semester.
- Conventional Obligations I or Contracts
- Civil Procedure
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Successions or Trusts and Estates
- Civil Law Property II or Elective
- Constitutional Criminal Procedure
- Business Organizations I
- Sales and Leases or Elective
- Louisiana Donations and Trust or Elective
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLegal Studies View 27 other PhDs in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to Loyola's College of Law is competitive, based on the applicant’s undergraduate academic record, score on the Law School Admissions test (LSAT), and personal statement.
A complete file consists of the following:
- A completed application through Law School Admissions Council
- A Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) score.
- A complete report which includes all prior undergraduate transcripts sent by the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) to Loyola College of Law Admissions office.
- A personal statement.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or three fourths of a bachelor’s degree if applying for our Early Admission Program, see below).
- Two letters of recommendation.
International42840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42840 USD per year during 36 months.
National42840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42840 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State42840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42840 USD per year during 36 months.
- $ 32130 per year for part time students
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.