The Communication Sciences and Disorders program from James Madison University emphasizes the refinement of critical thinking skills to scientifically respond to the many unanswered questions within the field of Communication Sciences and Disorders. To this end, students will experience a stimulating intellectual environment where the ability to conduct research is considered an essential skill.
- Program Components include doctoral level seminars both within and outside the area of study include courses on research tools such as: instrumentation and methods of measurement, designing and conducting clinical trials, writing grants for federal research support, strategies for developing a research career, statistical methods, experimental research design, quantitative and qualitative methods, and research ethics.
- In addition, doctoral level seminars are in content areas such as: experimental phonetics, neurolinguistics, integration of upper airway systems and other topics of interest.
- Speech and hearing science
- Experimental Phonetics
- Methods of measurement in CSD
- Professional issues and development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Psychology Linguistics View 113 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation on letterhead stationary to The Graduate School.
- Transcripts from all previous academic institutions and Grade Point Average (GPA) from both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores administered by the Educational Testing Service.
- Submit a personal written statement regarding your career goals, reasons for pursuing a doctoral degree, and areas of research interest to The Graduate School.
- Participate in a personal interview. (Applicants may be contacted about scheduling this interview after the application is complete and all materials are received.)
- Applications for Fall semester are due by January 31.
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year for other starting dates.
Living costs for Harrisonburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.