Students seeking the masters degree may select from the following concentrations: American Indian Education, Bilingual Education, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Educational Thought and Sociocultural Studies, Literacy and Language Arts, and Social Studies.
- The purpose of the master's degree is to contribute to the professional development of educators and other professionals.
- The LLSS doctoral degree prepares students for college teaching and research in education (including teacher education) and other leadership positions in education, social services, and allied professions.
- The Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies program at The University of New Mexico is organized around the following focus areas: American Indian Education, Bilingual Education/English as a Second Language, Literacy and Language Arts, and Educational Thought and Sociocultural Studies.
- American Indian Education
- Bilingual Education
- Educational Thought and Sociocultural Studies
- Literacy/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Teaching English as a Second Language
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- LLSS Application Guidelines
- Demographic Form
- Admission Form and Residency Information Form (both in one document)
- Letter of Recommendation Form
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.