At least 18 hours must be coursework beyond the M.A. degree.
- In addition, the student must complete a minimum of 18 hours of Dissertation (Ling 699) credit.
- Admission to the Linguistics Ph.D. program from The University of New Mexico is highly selective.
- A PhD in Linguistics with a concentration in Speech and Hearing Sciences is also available.
- The Linguistics Department also participates in the interdisciplinary PhD program in Educational Linguistics, housed in the College of Education.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applications to UNM graduate programs are fully online. This system will allow you to upload all necessary documents including copies of your transcripts. Within the application, make sure to click the Application Instructions to see Linguistics-specific requirements.
- Students who have completed the baccalaureate degree only should apply for admission to the M.A. program, not to the Ph.D. program. Completion of a master's degree is a prerequisite for admission to the Ph.D. program.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.