Graduates from our PhD program at The University of New Mexico will advance the science of Nursing.
Explore your interest at UNM College of Nursing.
- Rural Health and Health Equity (Our signature strengths in health care disparities and equity.)
- Bio-behavioral Health
- Oncology and Toxicology Nursing
- Disaster and Public Health Emergencies
- Self-Management and Patient Adherence
- Health Services
- Policy Research
- Military and Veteran Health
- The PhD curriculum consists of a core of PhD courses on philosophy of science, theory, statistics, health policy and research design.
- Students additionally choose from a selection of research methods courses, substantive area courses and electives.
- Students admitted under the BSN entry option complete 18 prerequisite credits before starting the PhD coursework.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree (MSN) from an accredited nursing program by either NLN or CCNE.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree prior to entering the PhD program.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and a Master's degree in another field will be considered on an individual basis.
- One letter of intent with the applicant's experiences in the discipline of nursing, highlighting experiences with underserved or vulnerable populations
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current resume or CV
- The application and unofficial transcripts
- Submission of a writing sample
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.