Nursing from University of California, San Francisco focuses on preparation of scientists who will conduct nursing research; develop theory and contribute to the body of knowledge in nursing and the health sciences; and disseminate research findings through scholarly publications and presentations, including classroom teaching.
The full scope of nursing concerns related to direct, indirect, and institutional care, as well as the social and policy factors shaping that care, are within the purview of the degree preparation
Students at Nursing from University of California, San Francisco will:
- get coursework in the areas of research, nursing science and theory development.
- get a basis for projected dissertation focus and the subsequent initial program of research.
- get development of a dissertation research proposal, data collection and analysis, and the writing of the dissertation.
- Comparative Qualitative Research Design
- Quantitative Research Design
- Philosophy of Nursing Science
- Theory Development in Nursing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 161 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- Students should have either a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale, verified by official transcripts) or a Master's degree in Nursing (minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, verified by official transcripts)
- Official Transcripts
- English proficiency for non-native English speakers
- A minimum of four recommendations are required (a maximum of five is permitted). While there is no minimum academic degree required from referees, applicants are strongly encouraged to request letters from individuals who are experienced with the requirements of rigorous doctoral-level educational programs.
- A current resume or C/V, including all research, work and volunteer experiences
- Application fee
International32433 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32433 USD per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 48 months.
In-state tuition and fees are fully covered for the first three years, the annual tuition is 11,442 USD
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.