About the programme
The Law programme of the Queen Mary University of London adopts a wide spectrum of approaches to legal research, including doctrinal, applied, comparative, historical, sociological, empirical and interdisciplinary perspectives. Members of the School of Law are actively involved in public affairs in the UK, European institutions and international bodies, and have leading roles in legal scholarship.
In the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) we were ranked ninth in England, based on 86 per cent of our research activity classed as world-leading.
Our activity also impacts local communities and the lives of the general public, whether through it's impact on policy, or through one of our pro bono and community outreach programmes.
- For more information, please visit the programme page.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Legal Studies View 10 other PhDs in International Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Degree transcripts. Please provide a transcript of your degree(s). If you have not yet completed your degree please provide a transcript of your results achieved to date
- Please provide the contact details of two referees on your application, at least one reference must be from an academic referee who is in a position to comment on the standard of your academic work and suitability for postgraduate level study. Where appropriate, a second referee can provide comment on your professional experience.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Resume
- Statement of purpose
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate (if applicable)
International19250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19250 GBP per year
- For national students: to be determined
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.