About the Program
Expertise in clinical nursing and competence in research are required to prepare scholars to disseminate knowledge and build programs of research. To achieve excellence in the academic program, students engage in activities consistent with the areas of research excellence of the faculty. Moreover, the faculty is committed to the intellectual growth of the student, which is achieved through mentorship and collaboration in scholarship.
Students in the Nursing program of the Case Western Reserve University concentrates on the organization and development of knowledge requisite to nursing practice for service to a population. The population may include: age group (children, adults), focus of service (individual, family, or community) and position on the continuum of health (health and wellness, acute and chronic disruptions in health). PhD students are culturally diverse, and many develop and apply knowledge relevant to global health needs.
- Nursing Knowledge Development
- Data Science in Healthcare
- Qualitative Nursing Research
- Advanced Nursing Research Methods
- Molecular Genetics for the Nurse Scientist
- Applied Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 68 other PhDs in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant must be a registered nurse (or international equivalent) and have a bachelor's degree in nursing (or equivalent) or a master's degree in nursing
- Interview with two faculty members - this can be done by phone
- Two- to three-page statement of academic and career objectives and how the applicant’s research interest is consistent with the research expertise of the faculty
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
International62614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2197 USD per credit during 24 months.
National62614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2197 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.