Learning how to conduct research is the hallmark of a rigorous Ph.D. program in finance. In order to foster research early, our program offers a strong mentoring relationship between faculty and students. The Finance program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
The professors have recent publications in the top four finance journals the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and our graduate students are encouraged to collaborate with faculty. These collaborative efforts have resulted in a number of top-tier publications for our Ph.D. students.
- Seminar in Finance
- Seminar in Corporate Finance
- Seminar in Asset Pricing and Markets
- Special Topics
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 48 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.