This preparation will also enable them to work at other types of educational institutions and industry positions. Doctoral students develop publishable research in their course work and provide evidence of publishable research prior to taking comprehensive exams. Graduates are expected to be competent in using at least one research method and should be literate in statistics.
The program includes training in the foundational origins and contemporary literature of communication and information theories and professions. The program offers the opportunity for students to learn to be good teachers and to participate in service and outreach activities.
The program is interdisciplinary, consisting of a required core curriculum and primary and cognate areas of study. Core courses begin in the fall semester. The first fall and spring semesters must be spent in residence (i.e., enrolled as a full-time student). Attendance at a fall orientation session is required. The Communication and Information program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
- Philosophical and Theoretical Foundations of Communication and Information
- Quantitative Communication and Information Research Methods
- Communication and Information Professional Development Seminar
- Statistical Design and Analysis
- Mass Communication Theory
- Communication Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Corporate Communication Digital Communication View 8 other PhDs in Corporate Communication in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 48 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.