Three primary objectives of the program are:
- To provide, through relevant course work, a thorough knowledge of common analytical models and their uses in business.
- To provide sufficient advanced study in a supporting area to qualify the graduate for a joint-faculty position in management science, business analytics, or any supporting area. The candidate may choose from the business functional areas (accounting, finance, marketing, management, and supply chain management) or other disciplines (e.g., computer science, forestry, ecology, and public administration).
- To develop in the student, through course work in management science, statistics, operations management, and computer science, a high degree of analytical maturity to enhance a potential career in management, research, or teaching.
The PhD concentration in analytics will focus on research specifically aimed at applying analytical tools for modeling and analyzing data to support decision making in complex real world systems in business and industry. The Management Science program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Statistical Inference
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Bayesian Modeling and Computations
- Decision and Operations Analytics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 129 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.