Students may enter the program after receiving either a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Students who enter with a bachelor’s degree usually receive the PhD after four or five years; those with a master’s degree usually take three or four years to complete the degree. The Microbiology program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
Successful candidates for the Doctor of Philosophy are expected to:
- Complete graduate course requirements as determined by the department and the student’s faculty dissertation research committee.
- Satisfactorily present and orally defend a research dissertation.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Microbiology View 40 other PhDs in Microbiology in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.