Doctoral study in the cellular and molecular nutrition concentration prepares the student for research and/or teaching positions in institutions of higher education, government or industry.
Doctoral study in the community nutrition concentration prepares the student for research, teaching, and/or advanced-level practice in institutions of higher education, government, or the public and private sectors. The Nutritional Sciences program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
A minimum of 24 credit hours of graduate coursework beyond the Master’s degree is required. A minimum of 12 of these 24 credit hours must be graded A-F. Exceptionally well-prepared students with demonstrated superior achievement may enter upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, in which case a minimum of 48 credit hours of graduate coursework beyond the baccalaureate degree is required.
A minimum of 30 of these 48 credit hours must be graded A-F. In either case, an original nutrition research project with 24 credit hours of dissertation work is required.
- Advances in Carbohydrate, Lipid and Protein Metabolism
- Advances in Vitamin and Mineral Metabolism
- Research Methods
- Nutrition Intervention in the Community
- Maternal and Child Nutrition
- Genome Science and Technology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 79 other PhDs in Public Health in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.