All requirements for both the DVM and MPH degrees must be met for admission. DVM students may enroll in the program at any time during years 1 - 3, but progress and time to completion will be affected by when a student starts the dual program and how many courses are satisfactorily completed each semester. Students will be expected to complete MPH-specific courses during the two summers following the first and second years of veterinary school.
Students will pay graduate tuition fees during the summer semester and professional DVM tuition during the fall and spring semesters. Degrees do not need to be awarded simultaneously; if a student has not completed the requirements for the MPH, the student may still receive the DVM but must complete the MPH requirements within one year to take advantage of the shared credits.
If a dual student completes the MPH requirements, but does not complete the DVM, the student may still be awarded the MPH. The Veterinary Medicine and Public Health program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
- Journal Club in Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Epidemiology of Vector-Borne, Bacterial, and Viral Zoonotic Diseases
- Epidemiology of Parasitic, Foodborne, and Bacterial Zoonotic Diseases
- Epidemiology and Evidence-Based Medicine
- Food Hygiene and Zoonoses
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Veterinary Medicine Health Sciences View 90 other PhDs in Public Health in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.