Graduates of the program at The University of Iowa are qualified to take the Iowa Board of Pharmacy examination that is required for licensure as a pharmacist.
- The College of Pharmacy has had nearly a 100 percent placement rate for its graduates for many years.
- Pharmacists often choose to practice in a community pharmacy or a hospital setting. They hold positions in government, independent businesses, home health care, consulting, clinical pharmacy, managed care facilities, higher education, or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Foundations of Pharmacy Practice
- Engagement: Professional Skills and Values
- Foundations of Health Services
- Health Information Retrieval and Informatics
- Foundations of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Fundamentals of Compounding
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- All application materials must be received by November 1 of the year before the applicant intends to enter the College of Pharmacy. Entry is for fall semester.
- All Pharm.D. applicants must take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) before December 1 of the year before they wish to enter the College of Pharmacy in order to be considered by the admissions committee.
International43148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43148 USD per year during 48 months.
National44811 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44811 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State27186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27186 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.