Students may work toward the Doctor of Medicine degree and a Ph.D. in epidemiology in a combined degree program offered by the Carver College of Medicine and the College of Public Health.
- The Epidemiology program from The University of Iowa prepares graduate students for careers as scientists, teachers, and practitioners of epidemiologic methods.
- Employment opportunities exist in academic institutions; local, state, and federal health agencies; and in private enterprises.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Epidemiology I: Principles
- Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
- Epidemiology Journal Club: Evaluating the Literature
- Research in Epidemiology
- Writing a Grant Proposal
- Epidemiology II: Advanced Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 36 other PhDs in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must apply through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS); they also must pay the required application fee to the Graduate College through the University of Iowa Office of Admissions when prompted. For detailed application information, visit How to Apply to the Department of Epidemiology web page.
- The epidemiology faculty considers several factors when evaluating applications for admission, including Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test scores, grade-point average, letters of recommendation, intent and motivation for graduate study, and research interests. Students with deficiencies in one area may be admitted if all other components of their application are very strong.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.