We offer a phd degree in Statics at The University of Iowa.
- The Graduate College requires a minimum g.p.a. of 3.00 to graduate with a PhD degree; however, the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science requires a higher g.p.a. of at least 3.40 to earn the PhD in statistics.
- This includes all courses used to meet degree requirements plus additional courses that are relevant to a student's program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Inference
- Applied Statistics
- Computing in Statistics
- Statistical Consulting
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Readings in Statistics
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 19 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited American college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- Met or exceeded Graduate College English Proficiency Requirements (international students only).
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.