Situated in South Florida, home to one of the highest numbers of foreign-born residents in the world, TAL’s Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education program at the University of Miami features a diverse group of core and affiliated faculty whose research advances scientific knowledge about STEM teaching and learning where issues of language, culture, and poverty are paramount.
In our efforts to understand how issues of equity and diversity play out across preK-through post-secondary STEM education, our work includes attention to race and ethnicity, gender, student exceptionality and social class.
Our Students’ Career Objectives
- We prepare our doctoral students to become academic researchers and university faculty who will assume professional and leadership roles in organizations focused on some combination of science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics education in the United States and around the world
- Our doctoral students have assumed post-Ph.D. positions as faculty at research-intensive institutions of higher education, as research scientists or professional development specialists at non-governmental organizations (NGOs) or think tanks, and as specialists in some combination of STEM curriculum, teaching or testing
- Research on Learning in STEM
- Teaching and Teacher Education in STEM
- Assessment in STEM Education
- STEM Curriculum
- Issues and Trends in Multicultural Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mathematics Teaching View 59 other PhDs in Mathematics in United States
- Send Official Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Send Official GRE Scores
- Complete the Essay
- Send CV or Resume
- TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- Transcripts and test scores are NOT considered as official if provided by, or received via the applicant.
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International43400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
National43400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.