- All students receive training in three core competencies: molecular, computational, and clinical genetics. Students are exposed to all aspects of human genetics research, from the patient to the underlying mechanism. Students are prepared to be the next generation of genomic scientists with a variety of skills, e.g., induced pluripotent stem cells, animal modeling, family studies, and large-scale population-based datasets. They are also trained to translate their research results into improved medical care and public health interventions.
- This program is a perfect fit for students from many scientific disciplines (such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, mathematics, computer science) who wish to train in molecular or statistical genetics. Our focus on genetics and genomics as applied to human diseases and traits specifically makes this program unique; such focus is currently not present in other departmental or interdepartmental programs.
- The Biomedical Sciences - Human Genetics and Genomics program at the University of Miami includes a clinical training component, whereby students will rotate through medical genetics clinics and observe the application of human genetics in a health care setting. This activity will be coordinated with the existing Medical Genetics residency program and provide an opportunity for Ph.D. students to interact with M.D. medical geneticists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureKey Areas of Research:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Aging and Physical Function
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Genomic Origins and Admixture
- Hearing Loss
- Infectious Disease Susceptibility
- Multiple Sclerosis
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biochemistry Genetics View 43 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Applicants to biomedical programs should have a bachelor degree in a biological or related discipline (e.g., psychology, chemistry, engineering, physics)
- Excellent academic record
- Research experience in a laboratory setting
- Publications of abstract and / or papers
- Co-authorship in a peer-reviewed journal is recommended
- Strong letters of recommendation from research scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue state-of-the-art biomedical research
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcripts
- GRE General Test
- English Proficiency Exam (non-native speakers)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
International2030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
National2030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.