Students in the Nursing and Health Studies - BSN to DNP program from University of Miami must complete the coursework as specified in the Plan of Study for the specific track under which they were admitted and as listed in the Academic Bulletin and the Student Handbook. Students must also successfully complete the courses in each semester to progress to the next.
Four tracks are offered within the BSN to DNP program:
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Acute Care
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Geriatric Primary Care
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Foundations of Anesthesia Science and Technology for Nurse Anesthetists
- Physiology/Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Basic Concepts in Anesthesia Nursing
- Pharmacology for Anesthesia Nursing
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, preferably in nursing, from regionally-accredited institutions
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
- Introductory statistics course
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals with doctorates in nursing
- Statement of professional goals
- Current CV/resume
- Current, unrestricted RN license to practice nursing in the State of Florida or the state/territory of current practice
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers certification
- National certification in a nursing specialty
- Documentation of clinical hours in Master’s course of study (download form)
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.