As a PhD student in Communication at University at Buffalo, you will learn cutting-edge social scientific methods from leading scholars in the field.
The program emphasizes the scholarly, scientific study of the communication process, with coursework focusing on communication theory and research methodologies. The program prepares students to assume research-oriented positions in academia, business and government.
- Proseminar in Communication Theory and Research
- Research Methods
- Communication Theories
- Applied Theory-Testing
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Domestic student applications are processed until classes begin in the fall.
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Digital Communication View 8 other PhDs in Corporate Communication in United States
Admission requirements vary by program, but here we provide some general graduate admission requirements. Once you've read these general requirements, please contact your desired department for specific advice and details on submitting your application and documents.
To be eligible for graduate study at UB, we expect:
- A B-grade or higher
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information.
- Letters of recommendation.
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs).
International11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 60 months.
National11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State5655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.