The Oral Biology program from University at Buffalo requires students to be committed to research and an academic career. Students choose an area of concentration from disciplines, but may also combine work in several fields in order to support their research interests.
Disciplines include biochemistry, biophysics, clinical studies, developmental biology, epidemiology, immunology, microbiology, cell and molecular biology, physiology, and pharmacology.
- Cell Biology
- Essentials of Genetics and Genomics
- Principles of Biochemistry
- Cranio. Dev. Tissue Eng & Oral
- Saliva and the Oral Microbiome
- Critical Analysis of Literature in Oral Biology
- Statistical Methods Oral Science
- Stat for Bioinformatics
- Research, Laboratory Rotations
- Dissertation Guidance
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 106 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
Admission requirements vary by program, but here we provide some general graduate admission requirements. Once you've read these general requirements, please contact your desired department for specific advice and details on submitting your application and documents.
To be eligible for graduate study at UB, we expect:
- A B-grade or higher
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information.
- Letters of recommendation.
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs).
International11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 60 months.
National11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State5655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.