Applicants to this Occupational Therapy (OTD) program at University of Utah must be certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) or equivalent in their country of residence/practice and have at least two years of practice as an OT. Our OTD program accommodates students holding either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level with specific paths for both.
The focus of the OTD is to provide clinicians with a stronger, more up-to-date theoretical base; advance their leadership skills; and provide them with knowledge and skills in evidence-based research related to their chosen area of emphasis. Common to both tracks is the doctoral level courses which total 36 credits; including foundational courses, core curricular courses, and a capstone project that serv
- Change Using Positive Psychology
- Enhancing Happiness and Life Satisfaction
- Quality Intimate Relationships
- Growing from Traumatic Life Experiences
- Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior
- Mediation and Stress Reduction
- Change Addictive Thinking
- Changing Children's Behavior Using Positive Methods
- Enhancing Midlife Satisfaction
- Occupational Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Science in Public Health
- Introduction to Aging
- Service Agencies and Programs for Older Adults
- Best Practices in Geriatric Care
- Aging and the Arts
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 30 other PhDs in Health Management in United States
- Applicants for admission must apply through Apply Yourself (AY). Please review the information found on Graduate Admissions web page prior to submitting your application. Under the Program Information section on the AY application, choose your program of interest, Occupational Therapy DOT.
- Applicants will need to upload copies of official transcripts from all universities attended to verify graduation from an accredited occupational therapy program.
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.