Mining Engineering at University of Utah
Instruction and research are available in the following areas: rock mechanics, numerical and physical modeling, geotechnical instrumentation, methane drainage, computer applications, ore reserve estimation, mine automation and mine/mill integration, surface and underground mining methods (metal, coal and industrial minerals)
- An individual program is planned for each candidate with the assistance and approval of the supervisory committee.
- Courses required for a B.S. degree in mining engineering cannot be counted toward a graduate degree in this major.
- Planned course work, transfer credit, and proposed research must be approved by the student’s supervisory committee.
- Graduates in engineering, mathematics, and the physical sciences are invited to direct letters of application to the department chair.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 28 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- An applicant for admission to The Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
International18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2630 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.